NSW Finance Minister, Victor Dominello shared with us the 7 D's, at a pre-breakfast NSW budget launch (where the government posted a $4b surplus, wiped out debt and has budgeted massive spending on developing infrastructure, education and health)... saying that to survive and thrive, we need to make sure we take a grasp of the technologies that will drive us to 2050 and beyond.
- Data - knowledge and big data is key. Your decisions should be evidence based
- Digital - you need to be in 21st century
- Direct - things need to happen in real time
- Display - present it in an easy way - display tools - make it easy to digest knowledge
- Dissection - analyse it - operationalise those insights
- DNA - culture - needs to be in 21st century - or you will be left behind quickly
- 3rd Dimension - mobiles will be toast, its 2 dimensional - you will have glasses or contacts - giving you a 3D - augmented reality experience. digital morphing - where we will be unable to distinguish what is digital and what is real. This is the future - and we (our government) should embrace this and be at the forefront of this wave.
It's great to see that our NSW government has a solid vision, with the motivation , authority and desire to invest in innovation and adopt cutting edge technology.
As a Shareholder and Director of BSI and a number of Innovative Startups, I believe that this is the sort of leadership and direction that will provide a massive boost to our Country.